I’ve been saying it for years. If you want to integrate social media into your business you must Share, Comment & Post. Believe it or not Social Media is a new part of how agents build their businesses. Per the survey done by Vertical Response 43% of Small Businesses Spend 6+ hours a week on Social media.
Based on their findings obtaining content for social media is the most time consuming. Below is a list of what is most time consuming and the least time consuming in order.
1. Finding content was the most time consuming
2. Learning & education
3. Analyzing Efforts
4. Scoping out the competition
5. Responding to questions was the least time consuming.
As real estate agents NAR, Midwest Real Estate Data, and IAR provide realtors with content that we can easily share on our social media sites. Therefore, you have no excuse. If you are an agent in Northern Illinois here are a few tips that you can use to share good content on your social media sites.
1. MRED has a tool called “The Thing” easily share analytics on your blogs and social media pages.
2. MRED has another tool called the Share My Listing Widget that allows agents to easily share their active listings.
3. MRED provides a marketing tool called the Down Payment Resource & a lead capture form
4. NAR provides a social media tool that creates content that agents can share on the social media sites. Just make sure you have your NRDS#.www.houselogic.com/members
5. Sign up to receive articles from IAR and Realtor magazine. Let them send the articles to you via email. Then just click, read and share.
6. I love the Steve Harney blog. www.kcmblog.com. Steve creates great content for agents to easily share. Also sign up to receive the articles via email. Then just click, read and share.
Why do I recommend reading? If you read you can comment. When you comment others comment. When others comment you can engage your followers. This is a great way to build relationships and let your follow know you understand your local markets and your real estate business.
Don’t panic! Keep doing what you are doing and add social media to your business plan. I can go on and on but if you start here you will be on your way to a successful social media marketing tool.