Carrie’s Top 10 Reasons to Consider E-Signatures
- If you don’t embrace the new technology you may lose out on opportunities to list and sell—the difference between multiple offers and the only offer!
- Electronic Signatures are Legal in all 50 States.
- Choose a platform that has certification. Proof of e-signature.
- Don’t force the technology on a non-tech savvy client. Yep, go back to the PEN!
- Be willing to educate your clients on the benefits of e-signatures. Great for the out of area client.
- E-Signatures provide the ability to go paperless and receive legible documents quickly.
- Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac will accept e-Signatures. However, if you start with e-Signatures you must use the same technology for the duration of the deal. You cannot go back to a pen. Choose wisely!
- Saves Time & Money. Think about the hours in the car and the amount of gas you purchase just to get signatures.
- As of today, HUD (HUD homes) doesn’t accept electronic signatures. Must use wet signatures.
- Yes, you can use electronic signatures on a short sale. Work with the bank and ask if the bank will accept e-signatures.
Although I love being a paperless agent I recommend that agents also build quality relationships with clients. You may need to have a face to face conversation, send an email, text and pick up the phone. Using electronic signatures isn’t a reason to not maintain a relationship.