Amazon Go is changing the way we shop
It’s all about speed for the consumer. What does this mean for the real estate. I’ve been saying this since years, making technology a part of your routine and learning process is crucial for the real estate agent’s success. I have the opportunity to educate agents all over the United States and I am deeply concerned for the agents that won’t embrace technology. The Consumer wants it now and if you think the “Go” world won’t affect our industry, just wait. I am sure someone is already thinking about how we can make real estate, faster, easier and similar to Amazon Go. So, what is Amazon Go?
Amazon Go is a new way of shopping in the Brick and Mortar Store. The name says it all. You just walk in, Shop, and Go. Just leave the store and the Amazon app bills your account. When you walk into the Amazon Go store you scan your app and put your phone away. The Amazon app recognizes what you purchase as you grab them.
I can see it now, the future of real estate. The consumer secures a loan, the agent shows the home and the consumer clicks an app to make an offer. Many agents would panic! and I would say, “The agent that embraced technology won’t be replace” “Make sure you know your market place and technology”. Then, when Real Estate GO, emerges you are ready for the change. The professional, tech savvy agent can adjust with change. What can you do to stay prepared for what might happen to our industry?
- Sign up for social media classes – it’s not going away, whether you embrace it or not, the next generation is using it! So, why won’t you?
- Stay current with real estate trends. If your only focus is making a living, eventually you’ll be applying for a “Real” job. Don’t get left behind because you refuse to learn.
- Sign up for technology classes. What’s new in technology? Can you sign a document electronically? If you had to write an offer right now, using DocuSign or dotloop, could you?
- Sign up for a google alert to watch technology trends – Yes, I want you to read.
- Do you understand Data Trends and how Data impacts our industry?
- Learn something new often!
- Join Marki Lemons and I on The Real Streaming Estate where we teach technology to real estate professionals.
- Take ownership of change.