Social Media is a great platform to increase your bottom line. However, if you are just a poster, sharer or liker it’s time to get back to building relationships and great content. If you build it they will come! Just because you have a Facebook page or an Instagram account doesn’t mean you’ll generate leads. We all must be intentional in our marketing and with relationships. So how do we create engagement? What do our followers or future followers want from us on social media?
- They want relevant content – are you the thought leader in your market place? Tell me something I don’t know. Provide content that encourages a click, engagement or a lead.
- Followers want authenticity – be yourself and tell your story. We all have something to share. I like telling my story of home ownership. I purchased my first home in 1997 with little money down. However, I had to pay $900 per month for five months, to the builder, until I closed.
- Information that makes them engage – What can you tell your audience that creates engagement? Are you running a marathon? If so, tell your audience and encourage them to join you as you run or prepare for the race. Do you volunteer? Show us how you help the community.
- Information that makes us think – Have you ever wondered why someone would buy a house on a busy street? Me too! Now go research why and share it.
- Video that makes your audience watch, listen or read. – Are you renovating your home? Show me the before, during and after. One day I’ll show you my closet! Create short video clips then piece them together in iMovie or VivaVideo. Become a brand ambassador for your business.
- The power of the Hashtag on Facebook and Instagram. Hashtags are a group of words the bring a conversation together. Test Hashtags by following your favorite businesses or television shows on social media by searching for their Hashtag. I follow the #GoodDoctor on Twitter to join the conversation.
Take the necessary steps to build your social media, engage with your followers today!