2003 was the year I was exposed to one of the best lead generating conferences available to real estate agents. The event was two days with hundreds of agents from all over the United States. One of the breakout sessions included focusing on where you are in your business. The speaker said, “Are you living in Success, Stability or Survival?” I was shocked to discover that I was operating my business and my family life in Survival mode. Chaos was it! I was moving without purpose. I had to change my thinking, what I was speaking, what I was reading and learning. Are you living in Chaos, #Survival? If you said, “yes”. I have a plan for you.
Going from Chaos to lead generation will look different for each of you. In order to change my life and business I begin to see myself in my new position and life. Positive confessions do work. I am not here to change your beliefs, this is what worked for me. I started reading the bible, books on success and determining to learn something new every month. When I determined to get back on track my revelations included:
- Know your purpose – If you have a purpose for your life it’s easy to get up in the morning and get to work. Purpose is the one thing that makes you get up in the morning. The one thing you have to live for.
- Start speaking what you want in your life. In 1995, I watch a speaker, Bob Harrison, speak and motivate others to reach their dreams. After hearing him speak, I begin to say that what he was doing is what I will be doing one day. Today is that day. I have the opportunity to motivate and educate real estate agents and other industry professionals. Write a list of things you will accomplish and state them daily.
- Write down your goals. If you can’t see it, you won’t achieve it. Write your vision and make it plain. There is truth in writing your goals on paper, a vision board or in a place where you can ready your goals daily or as often as possible.
- Have a plan for your business. If you are a real estate agent plan your day, week, month and quarter. What will you do to generate leads, follow up with clients, and track your business?
- Build a success list. When you reach a new goal tell someone and check it off the list. Build your success list so it’s achievable. When you reach your weekly, monthly and annual goals moving forward becomes easier.
- Track where your business comes from. Know where your business comes from so you can perfect it or make changes to make the lead generation process easier.
- Review your goals and adjust when necessary. Change is inevitable. Reinvent your business and stay ahead of the trend.
Today, I am a successful speaker. Businesses and Organizations reach out to me for services. I’ve been invited to speak nationally, state and local levels. Years ago I wrote down my vision and began to see myself educating others. Now it’s your turn. If you believe it, you can achieve it.
Get on the road to lead generation for your business. Start believing that you will be successful. Get the negative talk out of your life and see yourself as a successful entrepreneur. Are you living the life you expected? If not, start seeing yourself as a lead generator, see yourself with clients, and see yourself as a successful agent or entrepreneur. Take negative talk out of your vocabulary.