So my kids say, “Facebook is for Old People”. That may be true, based on my kids idea of OLD. However, per Facebook there are 1.59 billion users as of December 31, 2015. New users are joining Facebook by the second. Pew Research also shares stats on who is actually using Facebook. Ages 18 to 65+ are using Facebook. I may need to share these stats with my kids. If all ages groups are using Facebook than I say real estate agents may want to consider using Facebook for business.
Per Realtor.org the average age of a REALTOR® is 57. I am not 57 years old, however, I do understand what my age group uses. My age group, 35 to 45 is using Facebook more than any other social network. As much as I use other social tools I’ve found that I receive actual leads that result in a real estate transaction from engagement and marketing on Facebook.
Based on research my followers LIKE what I share, comment on my posts and Share what I publish. Do you know your insights on your Facebook business pages? Do you generate leads from Facebook? Do you have a Facebook business page?
- Check your insights on Facebook. Click your page then select insights.
View your data daily, weekly and monthly. Should you make adjustments? Are you engaging with your followers?
2. What’s your conversion rate for Facebook? Are you generating leads? Are you even Tracking your Leads? If not, start asking your clients how they found you. Check social media analytics to better understand what’s working and not working on Facebook.
3. If you need a Facebook business page. Create one today. Log into Facebook and click Create page. Click here to watch the Facebook Business page setup.
4. Once you have your new Facebook Business Page start adding relevant real estate content. Remember to always give credit to your sponsoring broker when your intention is to generate a lead. Consider using the Hashtag when adding your sponsoring broker. This is an example of how my post actually appears when I share a listing on Facebook.
5. After new relevant content let’s get your friends and followers to LIKE your page. Watch this short video on how to use Facebook to generate a NEW LIKE on your business page.
Building a Facebook is easy. However, building a business Facebook business page will take time, work and consistency. The page won’t grow over night but with consistency, relevant content and asking for the NEW LIKE you’re Facebook page will grow.